Fellow Wichitans: Need to dispose of leftover medications?

flickr.com /photos /essjay/ 5134563753

flickr.com /photos /essjay/ 5134563753

This Saturday, 4/26/14, there are multiple locations for medication drop off locally. The Drug Enforcement Administration is sponsoring National Take Back Day with the intent of helping people get rid of old drugs so that they won’t be a danger to individuals or to the environment.

Leftover drugs are susceptible to diversion, misuse, and abuse. Throwing medications in the trash or flushing down the toilet can cause environmental hazards including for kids and pets.

Collection sites will be open from 10 am to 2 pm this Saturday at the following locations:

In Sedgwick County:

  • Household Hazardous Waste facility, 801 West Stillwell,
  • Wichita Oaklawn Activity Center 4900 South Clifton,
  • Bel Aire Community Building, north entrance, 7651 E. Central Park
  • Haysville Police Department 200 West Grand
  • Maize City Hall 10100 West Grady
  • McConnell AFB, Base Exchange (open only to military ID holders only)

In Butler County: Rose Hill City Hall, 125 West Rosewood, Rose Hill

In Harvey County: Harvey County Sheriff’s Office, 120 East 7th Street Newton

In Sumner county: Argonia Police Department, 210 South Maine, Argonia.

Kansanas have disposed of more than 22 tons of leftover medications since the drug take-back day started as an annual event in 2010.  Keep up the good work!

About drlesliegreenberg

I have been practicing as a family physician for over 20 years--as both an educator of physicians and clinician. From infancy to the elderly, I perform obstetrics and general medicine. I love my career and am passionate about my field of knowledge and my patients. Follow me on Facebook at Leslie Md Greenberg Medical Disclaimer The content of this website is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as, nor should it be considered a substitute for, professional medical advice. Do not use the information on this website for diagnosing or treating any medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.
This entry was posted in General Medicine- Adults, medication issues and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.