Family medicine may be getting a shot in the arm!

Family medicine draws more interest among medical students than any other subspecialty.  12% of medical students plan to pursue family medicine specialization after medical school graduation.  Hooray!

Said in another way, only 5% of medical students rated their family medicine rotation as their “least favorite rotation.”

69% of the students chose their subspecialty because of “personal interest in the field.”  (Which makes me wonder what the other 31% based their field on).  The study did show that 1% made a selection because of income potential.

Good job, medical students, we need more primary care physicians.  And, move to Nevada!  We need you here.

flickr.com/ photos/ miqul/ 227467257

flickr.com/ photos/ miqul/ 227467257

Advertisements

About drlesliegreenberg

I have been practicing as a family physician for over 20 years--as both an educator of physicians and clinician. From infancy to the elderly, I perform obstetrics and general medicine. I love my career and am passionate about my field of knowledge and my patients. Follow me on Facebook at Leslie Md Greenberg Medical Disclaimer The content of this website is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as, nor should it be considered a substitute for, professional medical advice. Do not use the information on this website for diagnosing or treating any medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.
This entry was posted in General Medicine- Adults and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.