Too many reasons to list. . . but I’ll try.
Benefits for mother:
- increased physical closeness with baby,
- decreased risk of breast cancer,
- decreased risk of ovarian cancer,
- decreased risk of endometrial cancer,
- less blood loss after birth which may translate to less chance of anemia (and feeling tired),
- burning 250 calories/day making milk,
- reduced rates of diabetes,
- reduced rates of osteoporosis.
Benefits for baby:
- less chance of infections (ear infections, pneumonia, diarrhea)–read this less doctor or ER visits and less fevers,
- less eczema,
- less wheezing and asthma,
- less risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS),
- decreased risk of obesity as both a child and as an adult, decreased risk of diabetes.
- Always available!
I have been practicing as a family physician for over 20 years--as both an educator of physicians and clinician. From infancy to the elderly, I perform obstetrics and general medicine. I love my career and am passionate about my field of knowledge and my patients.
Follow me on Facebook at Leslie Md Greenberg
The content of this website is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as, nor should it be considered a substitute for, professional medical advice. Do not use the information on this website for diagnosing or treating any medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.
This entry was posted in food
and tagged Andover
, Dr. Greenberg
, Dr. Leslie Greenberg
, Family Doctor
, Family Medicine
, family physician
, family practice
. Bookmark the permalink
You must be logged in to post a comment.